Users roles & permissions
Openbravo Forge defines the following permissions by default in all projects:
- Unregistered users:
- Can access to any content within the Forge: forum messages, Wiki pages, downloads, issue trackers, news, etc.
- Cannot create new content.
- Registered users can:
- Participate in any project public by reporting issues, public forums, comments news, etc.
- Create their own public projects.
- Project developers can:
- Commit to Subversion.
- Create and modify Wiki pages.
- Create and modify bug entries.
- Project administrators can:
- Create project news.
- Edit project's directory details.
- Allow new project owners.
- Delete the project.
- Setup user's roles and permissions within his project.
- Partners can:
- Create private projects.
- This user roles list is sorted from lower to higher permissions level
- Roles are project independent
How to manage permissions
In order to give special permissions in the context of a project to a user you have to make him member of the project.
You can do so following these steps:
- Go to your project home -> Admin tab -> Members
- Select the toolbar option Add Members from the user's grid
- Type the name of the user in the Users Starting With and click on Display button
- A result list will be shown, check the Select user combobox on the user that you want to add
- Press the Add Button to add the user to the project
- Look for the user again and use now the 'Assign roles' button to assign the user a new role
Edit the project details
After creating your project you can edit the settings you give back then and add some more details. To do so go to the admin interface and click on the Edit link on the toolbar.
In the edit form you can change:
- The project name and description: You can update them whenever you want to reflect the current status of your project (if some big changes had happened and the name and description are no longer valids, etc)
- Note: even if you can change the project name, the short name can not be changed.
- The project logo: If you feel artist and update it here is where you can change it.
- The project license: In case of a project re-licensing you have to change its license here.
- The category and subcategory: When created you already added the project to a category and subcategory. It can be changed and added more (see below).
And you can also:
- Add an screenshot: An image is better than thousand words. It will be seen in the project main page. There will be an icon at the right of the Description bar.
- Add two more categories and subcategories: Sometimes a project fits in more than one category, Openbravo Forge is aware of it and allows you to add two more categories and subcategories.
- Change the default user and guest access: Openbravo Forge gives the freedom to choose which user and guest access you want for your project. This means that after setting up your project user and roles you will be able to assign a generic role for registered users and for non-registered users.
- Add related projects: Maybe your project is related to some other project (one project needs the other one to be fully functional, or adds extra features). With this fields you can link projects together (up to three projects).
- Project Advertisement: Allows you to place some text that will be displayed in the right column of your projects' home page (see Catalan Localization project for example).
Deleting a project
In the case that you want to delete a project, you can do so if you are the project owner, that is, the person that registered the project in the first place.
You can do so following these steps:
- Go to the project home page
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Click on "Edit" field.
- You can see the Delete button, at the bottom at the end of the page.
Once a project has been deleted its contents cannot be recovered. Additionally, the name and the short name of the project are not available for naming new projects.
Activating external tools
After creating your project you can activate and deactivate the tools you need at any time in the admin interface.
To activate an external tool, for example the news tool follow this steps:
- Go to the admin tab.
- Activate (if needed) the tool you want to externalize (in this case the news one).
To do the same in the other tools (forums, downloads, bugs, code, wiki and modules) is the exact same procedure.