Openbravo Forge is a collaboration platform where third parties can independently develop projects which are synergistic with Openbravo software, therefore increasing the number of solutions available to the Openbravo ecosystem.
The Openbravo Forge objectives are to:
- Provide an infrastructure for community members to develop verticals, plug-ins and localizations
- Provide an infrastructure for partners and consultants to privately develop verticals, plug-ins and localizations
- Provide a way to recognize peoples' contributions and make them visible
- Host the central repository where all the modules are stored
- Allow people to place their own ads linking to web-stores to sell licenses and/or support (people can place a little ad and link in their projects)
- Provide a directory of available projects for Openbravo ERP & POS
- Provide a member directory when people can look for other community members and see their activity
It is important to notice that all community members can use this infrastructure for free for any open source product.
Openbravo Forge benefits
For all Openbravo community:
- Registering a project in the Forge is a pre-requisite to publish it in the Central Repository. It is a great tool to increase dissemination of both free and commercial products.
- People can place a link to their own web-store to sell licenses or support for registered projects. It allows community members to increase their visibility and recognition.
Openbravo Forge is a free tool for people registering projects under open source licenses. Additionally, Openbravo Forge provides additional features for Openbravo Partners:
- Openbravo Forge is a professional tool. Partners have the exclusive right to register private projects. This is designed to give them all the tools (code repository, bug tracker, documentation repository, …) to manage client customizations
- Projects sold in collaboration with Openbravo are encouraged to be performed in the Forge to maximize the contribution
Overview of main services
When you register a project, Openbravo Forge offers the following services:
- Forums. Allow coordination between different project members and are an excellent tool to give support to your users.
- News. News is the place to inform project members and users about the recent milestones of your project, like for example releasing a new version of your software.
- Download. Store files and releases for easy downloading
- Bug Tracking. A bug tracker system that helps to keep track of your bugs and development tasks.
- Code. Subversion is a source control system where you can store the source code of your application.
- Wiki. Wikis are great systems to store documentation and coordinate development efforts.
- Module. Module allows user to publish modules Openbravo ERP Central Repository
Openbravo project directory is the directory of Openbravo ERP & POS projects of Openbravo ecosystem.
Openbravo directory can host:
- Projects registered within the Forge
- Projects hosted fully or partially in external systems
Projects can be classified in a browsable category taxonomy. Every registered project can belong to up 3 categories
- Search the project directory
- Browse using the category taxonomy
- See latest additions following the Forge Latest Activity
- Sort it by different criteria (creation date, alphabetically, etc)