Here we place a list of features and requirements for automation project. At the beginning it will be a unorganized list. On a regular basis, items will be prioritized to become part of our roadmap.
- Support for Modular Execution
- Parametrized scripts
- External Files support
- Allow environment setup queries
- When executing a set of test cases, do not start a new Firefox session every time a test case starts
- Reduce the number of commands send to the server while checking the mode.
- Add an attribute in order to know what mode the window is (code)
- Add an attribute in order to know what mode the window is (refactor)
New test cases
- Resolve SQL queries execution issues
- Resolve Tomcat restarting and application compilation issues
- Provide IE6 compliance
- Find a way to automate the actions on popups like heartbeat and registration.
- Add the verification of all the messages boxes. (some check only the title)
- Check popup messages.
- 0012359: Smoke tests should not fail when executed over midnight
- Take date format from the Openbravo.properties.
- A property to set a Debug Mode should be available.
- Use an attribute for windows to keep track of their mode.
- Apply the changes suggested by checkstyle.
- Add a description to the asserts.
- Keep a small number of parameters for constructors and functions.
- Use data objects for related parameters. For example, create a class for Location/Address with region, country, city, etc. as parameters.
- Improve the automation of linked items popup.
- Improve the code to select values from selectors tables.
- Use constants for every place where a literal string is used.
- Add a function to select a popup menu item.
- Add a function to select a read-only tab.
- Use constants or enumerators for the indexes in array parameters.
- Find a way to parametrize or use a function to calculate payment terms and similar items.
- Increase execution speed
- Uncomment all the code related to issues that now are closed.
- Add the comments for every uncommented parameter.
- Define an identifier for the tests (issue 6949)
- Check the formats of the numbers (this is almost done, but there are places where it isn't).
- Uncomment verifications and add the ones marked as todo.
- Check the tables. For example, journal and the ones in selectors.
- Report issues for every place where there's no identifier for a required html element and xpath is required.